Saturday, May 01, 2010

A brief history of l'agretto (part 3)



So, after 3 weeks, things are looking quite promising. The shoots have coloured up and are approaching 5cm in height.


Dry, albeit warm weather, has probably slowed the growth rate but some welcome May rain should soon change that.





As a footnote, we made a second sowing on an allotment where the soil is considerably heavier.


Germination was equally successful and possibly a few days quicker.





T.B.C.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Mine has germinated too, best time to pick? Let me know.

6:23:00 am  
Blogger Arabella Sock said...

OK. You've sold it to me. I love samphire and this sounds better.

8:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Gilly said...

Had never heard of it before. Looking forward to griwingit next year.
PS I think it's 'gli agretti'

8:23:00 pm  
Anonymous Zom G. said...

Hello, I stumbled on your blog after the nth search for more information about growing agretti and am curious as to how you fared.

If you are up for it, I would love to hear your thoughts about this crop! I'm zomg{at}panificabakery{dot}com.

1:41:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home