The tree which isn't a tree
This is a tree which isn't a tree

Well it was a tree & probably could be again but for the time being it is a "messy" hairdo of dead and alive -

Well it was a tree & probably could be again but for the time being it is a "messy" hairdo of dead and alive -
clematis cirrhosa & gypsy queen
honeysuckle(s) - both winter & summer flowering
wild rose.
With minimal pruning the dead & the live co-exist.
It is a home to both blackbird and dunnock nests and since it is almost impenetrable to cats & squirrels is also a perfect roosting spot for hordes (or is that flocks) of other birds.
So the birds are happy, the bees & bugs are happy; the one loser I guess is the tree.
... and the tree - well under everthing is a holly which, even smothered as it is, still manages to flower.

2 Comments:
I am not keen on overly 'tidy' gardens, nor am I hypocritical enough to say any other gardener has let things get out of hand, plus you did leave a very nice comment on my blog, so I will just say that PERHAPS it needs a bit of a hair cut ;-)
It's more like a climbing post for pretty much everything that climbs. Good to know that the non-tree still manages to survive underneath all that & even blossoms.
Post a Comment
<< Home